GLVCSN Extra Credit
The GLVC is committed to using the GLVCSN as a resource to provide students learning opportunities and on-the-job experience on all 15 campuses and at GLVC Championship events.
The GLVCSN Extra Credit initiative provides students with interest in broadcasting, production, staging, sports information, print media, digital media, and social media an opportunity to gain complete control of the GLVCSN coverage from start to finish.
GLVCSN Extra Credit began at the 2015 GLVC Basketball Tournament by allowing eight students from five member institutions to take over GLVCSN coverage for two games. In 2016, the program boasted 12 students from seven GLVC schools, while 10 students from four campuses took part in the 2017 edition. In 2018, 10 students from six institutions participated in the program, 12 students represented eight institutions in 2019, and eight students from six member schools took part in the 2020 program.
Off the court, GLVCSN Extra Credit expanded in 2016 to offer students broadcast opportunities at GLVC Championships in baseball, lacrosse, soccer, softball, and track and field.
In 2019, two GLVCSN Extra Credit students led the first-ever GLVCSN and NCAA Division II production produced in a foreign language when they announced the GLVC Men's and Women's Soccer Championship Tournament finals entirely in Spanish.
Since the 2016-17 academic season, the GLVC has implemented its GLVCSN Extra Credit Student Ambassador Program, which seeks one student on each campus to assist the Conference office with promoting the GLVCSN in a number of ways, such as:
- Brand Awareness: Wear supplied GLVCSN T-shirt on campus and to all events.
- Recruitment: Staff an information table on campus and distribute GLVCSN flyers/T-shirts to interested students.
- Marketing/Promotions: Coordinate and manage "GLVCSN Night" promotions at one volleyball, football, men's basketball, and women's basketball game this season.
- Social Media/Communications: Receive access to GLVC's @GLVCSN Twitter account and create GLVCSN-specific tweets, videos, and pictures.
- Assessment: Work with and provide feedback to GLVC staff, Athletic Director, Sports Information Director or GLVCSN "Faculty Champion" on campus.
For more information on the GLVCSN Extra Credit initiative, or if you have an interest in becoming a GLVCSN Extra Credit Student Ambassador, e-mail us at email@example.com.